fromfirstpagetolast

fromfirstpagetolast

Forbidden: HarperImpulse Paranormal Romance Novella (Angels Among Us, Book 2) - Linn B Halton

I received a copy of this book via Netgalley from the publishers in return for a honest review.

Ceri is an angel, sent back to earth to help those who need it, whether they know it or not. Her power manifests itself in a physic ability, she can see spirits and pass on messages from them to loved ones. At the beginning of the book we see her taken back to the universal plane, where her mentors are questioning her relationship with Alex, her boyfriend. On her return she notices that her powers are slightly different and that she is also now aware of auras. As the story progresses we see Ceri become more familiar and comfortable with her powers and to accept that she is in love with Alex and that she wants to embrace that relationship.

This is the second book in a trilogy of novellas and I had not read the first in the series before reading this book. Due to this I felt that I was lacking some background information and investment in the characters so I would recommend that you read the novellas in order.

This is not just about romantic love, but also about how the love between people, or animals, doesn't just end when someone dies. The author had clearly done a lot of research whilst writing the book and this showed in the story and whilst I may not necessarily believe in spiritualism and the religious connotations it was interesting to learn more about it. It is a very spiritually focused book so if you are interested in this field, then this book may be for you.